Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Malasaña - my new neighborhood

HELLO!
So as many of you know, I recently moved into a new apartment in the center of the city.  The neighborhood is called Malasaña, I have been here for 2 weeks now and I LOVE it. I found my own apartment, which I am very proud of because I found it, figured out all the moving-in details, and did it all in Spanish. I have two flat-mates, a young married couple, and they are really nice. Malasaña is in the center of the city, walking distance to everything, so its perfect. The neighborhood is funky and filled with all the coolest bars and vintage shopping. I work every day but at night is when the neighborhood really comes alive. When I get home from work, I usually go to the grocery store, or the fruit/veggie store (yes, here they are separate) to make something for dinner. I have really enjoyed cooking my own food, mostly because its my choice what I eat...and I don´t fry anything - yay for veggies! (finally)

This week my flatmate and I are going to start taking yoga classes. We have been looking around for studios and in our neighborhood there are tons! We plan on a trying a few different ones until we find one that we like. I am super excited for that! I have also been enjoying running in the city. My flat is also close to a really beautiful park so I like to run there in the evenings and weekends. This weekend on my morning run I ran into a HUGE protest...it was great because all the streets were closed and I could run right in the middle of the street. Of course, it was a little strange because everyone was walking in one directions, and then there was me - running in the opposite direction...as usual. :)

So without any further adue, as requested here are some photos of my TINY apartment and neighborhood!


maximum capacity: 1 person


desk.


Plaza dos de mayo


Veggies!
Stayed tuned for more semianual updates!

No comments: